Safety & Health Performance
The Minerals Council of Australia publishes annual safety and health performance data to:
- encourage the industry to seek continuous improvement in safety and health performance;
- determine the minerals industry’s performance and trends;
- compare the safety and health performance of the major sectors of the industry;
- provide a benchmark for comparison with other major mining countries;
- recommend strategies to improve the industry’s safety and health performance;
- help individual enterprises benchmark their performance;
- compare industry data with that of other recognised Australian sources such as the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission; and
- demonstrate the minerals industry’s continuing commitment to improving safety and health performance.
The Annual Safety and Health Performance Reports are official documents whose statistics, to the best of our efforts, are accurate.
The Quarterly Safety Survey Reports only provide a snapshot of the industry, albeit a more timely indication of performance. The statistics are indicative only.