AICD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WOMEN IN MINING
The business case in support of greater gender diversity on mining company boards continues to gain momentum.
To help increase the leadership credentials of women in the minerals industry, the MCA is offering two Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) scholarships in 2012 for women nominated by MCA member or associate member companies.
The Company Directors Course is delivered in a variety of formats to suit individual circumstances. It is offered as:
- Residential (Five and a half day residential program, held at select venues around Australia)
- Intensive (Five days over one or two weeks, held at locations across Australia)
- Flexible (Full or half day sessions over five or ten weeks, held at locations across Australia)
- Correspondence (For those not available to attend face-to-face sessions - allow up to six months to complete the coursework and assessment)
Visit the AICD website: http://www.companydirectors.com.au
- Registration for the AICD Company Directors Course (including option to attend the “Residential” program)
- One year membership of the AICD
- Reasonable travel and accommodation costs to the value of $2,000 (not applicable for the “Residential” program)
Total value: $9,200 per scholarship.
Scholarship holders (or their nominating company) who fail to successfully complete the course within the required time will be expected to refund the value of their scholarship to allow other qualified women to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Nominee of an MCA member or associate member company. This could be an employee or any other woman associated with the minerals industry identified by the company as worthy.
- Demonstrated high performance and aptitude for board duties
- Capacity to take on board role/s – including time to participate
- Has not completed the AICD Company Directors course previously
- Commit to successful completion of the course within 12 months
- Willingness to participate in MCA gender diversity programs on occasion if requested.
- Complete an application form and forward to: Chris James, Assistant Director - Workforce Skills, at the MCA by 31 August 2012.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by a selection panel - nominating company support will be confirmed via a referee process (see overleaf).
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
The application form is available within the complete article.