MoU Employment Opportunities
Indigenous Employment and Enterprise Development
Indigenous Employment and Enterprise Development Coordinators are required to implement the Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) and Australian Government Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Indigenous Employment and Enterprise Development.
Coordinators will be responsible for resourcing Local/Regional Partnership Committees to develop and implement their Local/Regional Strategies for increasing Indigenous employment and enterprise development in mining affected communities.
The Coordinators will potentially service Partnership Committees in the South West of Western Australia (Gnaala Karla Booja), the Pilbara, East Kimberley, and the Northern Territory Central Desert regions. The provision of Coordinator services will require the following:
- A commitment to supporting Indigenous economic participation
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills
- Strong consultation, community engagement, negotiation, interpersonal and liaison skills
- Experience working in a cross-cultural context and preferably involving the minerals industry and government
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver outcomes
- Ability to undertake field work involving travel to, and working in, remote and isolated environments
- Relevant tertiary qualifications desirable but not essential
Coordinators will be engaged under contracts for up to three years. Highly competitive fee structures will be negotiated with the successful applicants.
The Scope of Works and related documents are available at http://www.indigenousemploymentmou.org.au or by contacting 02 6233 0600.
These positions are supported by a funding contribution from the Australian Government.
MCA is an equal opportunity organisation and encourages all suitable candidates to apply for the roles, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
Applications close on Tuesday 19th July, 2011.
Written applications marked “Confidential” should be forwarded to:
Director Health, Safety, Environment and Community Policy
PO Box 4497, Kingston ACT 2604.