Hosted by the Board of Directors of the Minerals Council of Australia, Minerals Week is the industry’s opportunity to engage with decision makers in Canberra.
The 2019 program includes:
- Minerals Week Welcome Reception: Tuesday 12 February from 6.00 pm
The reception is a chance to mingle with industry leaders and colleagues in the Sculpture Gardens at the National Gallery of Australia.
- Australia-Asia Mining Investment Outlook: Wednesday 13 February from 8.30 am
This conference will bring together industry executives, finance leaders, economists and commodity market experts from across Australia and Asia to discuss the long-term outlook for Australia’s key mineral and metal exports. The Outlook will be held at the Hyatt Hotel.
- Australian Minerals Industry Parliamentary Dinner: Wednesday 13 February from 7.00 pm The industry’s premier gathering of parliamentary leaders, industry leaders, senior officials, diplomats, business representatives and media. The 2019 dinner will be held in the Great Hall, Parliament House.
- Minerals Week Seminar: Thursday 14 February from 7.00 am
The Minerals Week Seminar provides an important opportunity for the MCA, government and the broad minerals sector to discuss issues and policies affecting the industry. This year’s seminar will have a broad focus across key topics including mining industry sustainability, community engagement and innovation. The seminar will take place at the Hyatt Hotel, Canberra commencing with a breakfast with invited guest speakers Senator the Hon. Matthew Canavan, the Minister for Resources and Northern Australia and The Hon. Jason Clare MP, Shadow Minister for Trade and Investment and Shadow Minister for Resources and Northern Australia.
- Modern Mining Technology Showcase: Thursday 14 February from 9.30 am
This event will include displays and demonstrations of mining technology being used today at Australian mine sites and universities including robotics, drones, data science, virtual and augmented reality. The MCA Mining Technology Showcase will be held in the Great Hall, Parliament House.
Ensure your company’s voice is heard at Minerals Week 2019. Register now on the Minerals Week 2019 website.
For further information, please contact Tania Goodacre, Manager - Events firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6233 0643.